This year's trip is to Monarch Mountain, near Salida, CO, which is about an hour and a half west of Colorado Springs.
Dates are Saturday, March 7th thru Wednesday, March 11th.
Differences this year include
- 3 ski days vs 4,
- First part of Texas spring break to lower price
- Houses instead of condos,
- Lunch is up to you (Safeway and Natural Grocers available in town or just burgers on the mountain)
- No shuttle to the mountain (20 mins away).
Those who are not skiing can hang around and walk through the town of Salida, go shopping, relax in the home (each holds 10 to 12), or soak in the hot springs. Nordic skiing and snowshoeing are available a quarter mile past the ski area. Snowmobiling is available as well. More on all that later.
Here are the details on cost of trip:
$210 is the base price (lodging and breakfast)
$55 to ride bus
Lifts and Rentals are as follows per day skiing:
- Includes overnight storage at mountain=NO CARRYING SKIS ACROSS PARKING LOT!
- Helmet included if you want it...Kids must have helmets
- Adults (19-61) lift tickets $60, rentals $35/day
- Teens (13-18) lift tix $45, rentals $35/day
- Kids (7-12) lifts $35/day, rentals $30/day,
- Seniors (62-68) lift tix $45, rentals $35/day
- Super Seniors (69+) lifts FREE, rentals $35/day
- Kids 4-6 lifts free, rentals $20/day
- Lessons on Day 1 Required for beginners - $120 includes rental, lift and lesson
- Ski school for kids is $120/day and includes lifts, lessons, and rental for all day and includes lunch
- Tubing $17/hr
On-mountain days are available too, but will need addtional research.
$100 deposit per person is due to reserve your spot. I already paid by credit card for the lodging, so I’m hoping to get the deposits in before the CC bill comes due on Nov 22nd. Venmo, PayPal, Cash or Check works for me. If you pay by credit card thru PayPal, include 2% to pay for the fee.